Volodymyr Zelensky rejects proposals for the temporary store area to end the fighting

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Ukrainian President Foludmir Zelinski rejected proposals for a buffer zone between the Ukrainian and Russian forces as part of a peace agreement, on the pretext that it does not reflect the facts of modern war.

“Only those who do not understand the technological state of today’s war are proposing a buffer zone,” he told reporters on Friday.

His comments followed a report indicating that European leaders were thinking of a 40 km buffer zone (25 miles) as part of a ceasefire or a long -term agreement.

The war in Ukraine developed into a conflict led by drone technology, and Zelinski suggested a buffer zone that was already present due to the threat of drone strikes near the confrontation line.

Insulating areas can create designer areas of weapons between warring countries, such as North and South Korea, and the material borders such as the iron curtain – which separated the Soviet block and the West after the Second World War.

According to To a report in PoliticoEuropean diplomats said that the proposal between military officials and civilians was due to a ban on a tape of land in Ukraine between the two powers.

But Zelensky said that there is already an area on both sides of the front line, where heavy artillery was unable to work due to the risk of shooting drones.

“Today, our heavy weapons are more than 10 kilometers from each other, because everything is drone,” he said.

“This temporary store – called” a dead area “, and some call it” gray area ” – it is already present.”

Any such a deal can also mean that Ukraine abandons some lands within the region, which Zelinski also rejected: “If Russia wants to have a greater distance from us, it can decline in the depths of the occupied territories temporarily in Ukraine.”

He added that Russia was not ready for diplomacy, but it is seeking ways to postpone the end of the war.

It seems that the US -led diplomatic attack to end the full war of Russia, which has now lasted for more than 40 months, is losing momentum.

A large risk meeting Last week between US President Donald TrumpZelinski leaders and European leaders have raised hopes for a potential summit between Ukrainian leader and Russia Vladimir Putin.

But these hopes seem to be increasingly remote, and German Chancellor Friedrich Mirz said it was “clearly” he will not “be a meeting and it seems that Putin is” unwilling “to participate.

Russia launched 629 drones and missiles in Kiev in the early hours of Thursday, killing 23 people, in one of the largest air attacks in the war so far that pushed anger from European leaders. Two missiles landed near the European Union offices in central Kyiv.

After talks in the French city of Toulon, Mirz and France Emmanuel Macron said they would increase pressure on Russia because of Putin showing little interest in ending the war.

Macron said that if Putin did not fulfill a final date on Monday to agree to the talks, “it will again appear that President Putin has played President Trump.”

Mirz suggested that the war could last “several other months.”

The head of the European Union’s foreign policy, Kaja Callas, condemned “the continuous attacks of Russia on civilians and civil infrastructure, which is a deliberate escalation and undermining efforts towards peace.”

On Friday, the Chief of Staff Zelinski Andrei Yermak discussed the American peace movements with Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkeov, as well as US Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Vice President JD Vance.

“Unfortunately, each of them stops by Russia,” Yermak said after their meeting in New York.

European leaders are working to provide Ukraine with security guarantees if it is possible to agree on a deal with Russia.

Kaja Class said that the European Union defense ministers have agreed on Friday that they would need to be “strong and reliable” and Zelesky said he expected the talks next week to continue in “NATO” obligations that will provide Ukraine protection.

However, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova described the latest Western proposals as “unilaterally” and aims to contain Russia.

“Security guarantees must be based on a joint understanding that takes into account the security interests of Russia,” she said.



https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/e41f/live/e8e97a50-8518-11f0-b69e-8d009a3d1a30.jpg

Source link

Leave a Comment