Trump proves 679 million dollars in financing for marine wind farms amid the payment of fossil fuels Donald Trump News

Photo of author

By [email protected]


The cancellation is the last step for Trump against renewable energy, which the US president rejected a “fraud.”

The administration of US President Donald Trump moved to the cancellation of $ 679 million from federal financing for marine wind projects, in the latest Sulfo against Renewable energy.

This step is scheduled to affect 12 projects abroad, including a $ 427 million project in California, where Trump is being paid to edit and revitalize and Restore the priority of fossil fuels.

In a statement, Transport Minister Sean Duffy said the financing was a waste of money “could go to stimulate the American marine industry.”

“Thanks to President Trump, we give priority to improving real infrastructure on fictional wind projects that cost a lot and advance little,” he said.

Financing was granted under the management of former President Joe Biden as part of a wider axis towards green energy.

Among the cancellation was the financing of the Humoult Bay project, which was supposed to be the first marine wind station on the Pacific coast.

A spokesman for the state of California state, Gavin News, who has emerged as a major competitor to Trump, criticized the work as an example of the administration “assaulting clean energy and infrastructure – hurting business and killing jobs in rural areas, and giving up our economic future to China.”

The discounts include a grant of $ 47 million for the presence of a logistics and wind manufacturing center abroad near Baltimore Port in Maryland, in addition to $ 48 million granted in 2022 for the marine wind station project near Statin Island in New York.

The reduction of $ 33 million for the port project in Salem, Massachusetts, to redevelop a vacant industrial facility for marine wind projects.

In a statement, the governor of Massachusetts, Mora Haley said that the cancellation of Salem’s grant would cost 800 workers to build their jobs.

She said: “The real waste here is that the Trump administration cancels tens of millions of dollars for a project that is already underway to increase our energy supplies.”

The latest pruning comes after the Trump administration stopped building almost a full wind farm off the coast of Rod Island and Contecticut. The Ministry of Interior said this step was necessary to address national security concerns, without providing further details.

In early August, the Ministry of the Interior also canceled the main wind farm in Idahu, which was approved in the last days of Biden.

Several federal agencies, including defense, energy and trade departments, said they are retreating the marine wind farms approved by the Biden administration along the Atlantic Coast.

Trump regularly criticized green energy, especially wind energy, describing it as an ugly and costly form of energy that “smart” countries do not use.

However, foreign allies and competitors alike converted to renewed energy increasingly in an attempt to slow climate change ravages. For example, China has invested heavily in solar energy and wind and has become a major source of wind turbine spare parts.

Critics said that Trump’s approach would bring the United States back behind its competitors.

Last week, as US electricity prices rise more than twice the inflation rate, Trump has lied to blame the renewable energy in high prices, describing the industry as a “fraud”.

On Tuesday, he pledged not to move forward with any wind energy projects.

“We do not allow any windmills to rise unless there is a legal status as one of them has been committed to a long time,” Trump said at the cabinet meeting.



https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/2025-08-21T162516Z_1484946322_RC2UIAAFWH3P_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP-WIND-TURBINES-1756502835.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440

Source link

Leave a Comment