The United Kingdom prevented Israeli government officials from attending the country’s largest weapons exhibition because of their increasing concern about The humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
The decision does not cover the representatives of the Israeli defense contractors, who will be allowed to attend the DSEI UK exhibition, scheduled for September 9-12 in London. The event was previously known as international defense and security equipment.
The British government said in a statement, “The decision of the Israeli government to increase its military action in Gaza is a mistake,” the British government said in a statement. “As a result, we can confirm that any Israeli government delegation will be invited to attend DSEI UK 2025.”

Get the daily national news
Get the best news a day, addresses of political and economic affairs and current affairs, to your in the inbox once a day.
The decision comes yet In July, Prime Minister Kiir Starmer announced plans to recognize a Palestinian state Unless Israel takes steps to end the crisis in Gaza, it agrees to a ceasefire with Hamas and a long -term peace agreement is committed. Britain previously prevented sales to Israel from any arms that could be used in a war of nearly 23 months in Gaza.
The Israeli Ministry of Defense said that the decision is based on politics and “serves extremists.”
The ministry said: “These restrictions reach a deliberate and unfortunate discrimination against Israeli representatives.”
The Israeli ministry said it would withdraw from the exhibition and will not create a national wing.
The pro -Palestinians supporting groups have announced plans for protests during the DSEI, which will be held at the Excel Center in East London.
And copied 2025 Canadian press
https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2025/07/STARMER.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=720&h=379&crop=1
Source link