Ukraine returns to revenge after the Russian attacks on the energy sector

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Russian drone attacks left the energy facilities in northern and southern Ukraine overnight, nearly 60,000 customers without electricity, with President Voludimir Zelensky pledged to take revenge by requesting more strikes in Russia’s depth.

Three and a half years after the war, Russia and Ukraine have increased air strikes in recent weeks. Russia has targeted energy and transportation systems in Ukraine, while Ukraine attacks Russian oil refineries and pipelines.

“We will continue our active operations in the way to defend Ukraine. Forces and resources have been prepared.

DTEK, the largest private energy company in Ukraine, said that Russian drones attacked four energy facilities in the Odessa region during the night, and the local authorities stated that 29,000 people were left without electricity early on Sunday.

Oli Kiber, the widespread governor of the Odessa region, said that the most difficult migration is the city of Chornumorsk, outside Odyssea, where homes and administrative buildings were also damaged.

“The critical infrastructure is working on generators,” Kipper said in the application of the Telegram correspondence, adding that one person had been injured as a result of the attack.

DTEK Power said that the emergency repair will start as soon as the army gave it all the thinness.

In the waters near the large port and strategically important, a civilian wholesale who fly the flag flag was slightly damaged after reaching an unknown explosive device, two sources told Reuters provided that his identity was not disclosed.

Chornomorsk is one of three Ukrainian ports working in a marine transport corridor linking the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea.

Two women look at a residential building damaged by the bombing.
The residents stand at the site of a residential building that was hit through a drone and a Russian missile hit, in Zaborisvia, southeast of Ukraine, on Saturday. (Strenger/Reuters)

Call to a ceasefire at the Pope

Veshlav Chos, the local ruler, said that drones also targeted drones in the northern Churn region in Ukraine early on Sunday, which destroyed the energy infrastructure and left 30,000 families without electricity, including part of the city of Nizen.

The Ukrainian army said that Russia attacked Ukraine with 142 drones overnight and that the Air Defense Forces managed to shoot down 126 of them. However, drones hit 10 sites.

The Russian Ministry of Defense said that its forces struck the infrastructure of the Ukrainian port in the capital, Kiev, that it was used for military purposes. Reuters could not independently verify the reports.

In condensed fighting by both sides in recent weeks, US President Donald Trump is leading a batch to end the war, which started in February 2022, when Moscow launched a large -scale invasion.

The Kremlin said on Sunday that European powers hinder Trump’s efforts to peace and that Russia will continue its work in Ukraine until Moscow saw real signs that Kiev was ready for peace.

Moscow twice launched widespread attacks last week, killing dozens of civilians and destroying their homes and urban infrastructure.

The United States Special Envoy on Ukraine said that the deadly Russian attacks undermined Trump’s efforts to end the war, while Pope Liu called on Sunday to a ceasefire.

“It is time for those responsible for abandoning the logic of weapons and taking the path of negotiation and peace with the support of the international community,” Liu said in Sunday prayers with pilgrims in St. Peter’s Square in Rome.



https://i.cbc.ca/1.7622220.1756647884!/fileImage/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/ukraine-crisis-south-frontline.JPG?im=Resize%3D620

Source link

Leave a Comment