Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro said on Thursday that there is no “any means” for American forces that could invade Venezuela after Washington’s deployment Multiple warships And 4000 soldiers to the Caribbean Sea area to pressure the powerful left -wing man.
The United States said that deployment in the southern Caribbean, near the territorial waters of Venezuela, is a process of combating trafficking.
Venezuela responded Send warships And drones for patrols in their coast and launching a campaign to employ thousands of militia members to enhance their defenses.
“There is no way they can enter Venezuela,” Maduro said, and he pledges that his country was well prepared to defend “peace, sovereignty and regional integrity.”
However, the United States has not made a general threat to the invasion.
Maduro, who received a third disputed term at the July 2024 elections, was in the scenes of President Donald Trump since the term of the first republic in his position.
Since his return to power in January, Mr. Trump’s attacks on Venezuela have focused mainly on its strong gangs, some of which operated within the United States. But his policy The maximum pressure on VenezuelaIncluding the prohibition of oil that is still in effect, failed to expel Maduro from power.
Palace/Merlileores Bulletin via Reuters
Washington, Maduro, headed by Cartel Cartel, accuses Cartiel de Los Sols, who has identified the Trump administration as a terrorist organization.
The United States recently Its virtue doubled To 50 million dollars to pick up Maduro to face drug fees. Last year, and The United States seized a plane He belongs to Maduro and brought it to the United States, where the Ministry of Justice claimed that the jet was exported by Florida in violation of US sanctions.
Maduro, who succeeded Fireprand Socialist Hugo Chavez in 2013, accused Trump of trying to influence the system change.
Thousands of civil service employees, housewives and retirees Lined In the capital of Venezuela at the end of last week to join the country’s militia yet Maduro called on citizens To respond to “strange threats” by the United States
On Tuesday, Caracas submitted a petition to the United Nations to interfere in the conflict by calling for “the immediate stopping of American military deployment in the Caribbean.”
Venezuela announced on Monday the deployment of 15,000 soldiers on the borders of Colombia to fight drug trafficking. Interior Minister Diosadado Capello announced that the government is deploying the forces to support security in the states of Zulia and Takira, which borders Colombia.
We target drug gangs in Latin America
President Trump directed the Pentagon To use military force Against the drug cartridges in Latin America, terrorist organizations, a source familiar with the matter, were considered CBS News earlier this month. It is not clear whether the army can take action.
For its part, Mexico confirmed that it “will not accept the participation of the American military forces on our lands.” Earlier this month, Mexican President Claudia Shinbom Insist There will be no “invasion of Mexico”.
In February, Trump Administration specific Eight drug trafficking groups as terrorist organizations. Six Mexicans, one is the Venezuelan, and the eighth is established in El Salvador.
Foreign Minister Marco Rubio said earlier this month that the administration could use labels for “targeting”.
“It allows us now to target what they run and use other elements of American power, intelligence agencies and the Ministry of Defense, whatever … to target these groups if we have an opportunity to do this,” said Rubio. “We have to start treating them as armed terrorist organizations, not just drug trading organizations.”
https://assets1.cbsnewsstatic.com/hub/i/r/2025/08/29/c335c80d-d2b2-4006-bb43-7e8c9a4ead10/thumbnail/1200×630/98fb1b3563cbe2c6b06005279e3a0779/2025-08-28t235222z-1501815898-rc2nggaztiiw-rtrmadp-3-usa-military-caribbean-venezuela.jpg
Source link