Trump breaks wind financing again, and canceling $ 679 million of federal funding for dozens of projects abroad

Photo of author

By [email protected]



On Friday, the Ministry of Transport canceled $ 679 million in federal funding for dozens of wind projects abroad, the last attack by the Trump administration on the US marine wind industry.

Project financing was canceled in 11 states, including $ 435 million for the floating wind farm in North California and $ 47 million to strengthen the marine wind project in Maryland, which the Ministry of Interior has pledged to cancel.

“Successful wind projects use resources that can tend to revitalize the American marine industry,” Transport Minister Sean Dove He said in a statement. “Thanks to President Trump, we give priority to improving real infrastructure on fictional wind projects that cost a lot and progress a little.”

It is the latest step by the administration against renewable energy sources

Trump’s administration has The Crusader campaign against the wind went up And other renewable energy sources in recent weeks, reduce federal projects and cancel the projects approved by the Biden administration in a continuous attack on clean energy sources that scientists say are decisive in combating climate change.

President Donald Trump pledged to restore “energy dominance” in the global market and prompted increased dependence on fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas from which the greenhouse gases that aim to the planet are emitted.

California MP Jared Hoffman, the chief democratic of the Natural Resources Committee in the House of Representatives, has described Duffy’s work as “bright” and very disappointing.

Hoffman said in an interview that Trump and his treasures “have a stubborn and enveloped hatred for clean energy.” “It is very ideological. They are ready to eliminate thousands of jobs and an entire sector that can bring cheap and reliable power to American consumers.”

The canceled funding for the upgrade of ports and other infrastructure in the United States will be re -directed, wherever possible.

Other wind projects have also been suspended

Separately, the Trump Ministry of Energy said on Friday that it withdraws a $ 716 million loan guarantee from the Biden administration to upgrade and expand the transmission infrastructure to accommodate the winds of the beach now threatened in New Jersey.

The movements come when the administration was suddenly Construction Last week, from almost a full wind farm off the coast of Rod Island and Contecticut. The Ministry of Interior said that the government needs a review Revolution wind project worth $ 4 billion And address national security concerns. He did not specify what these concerns are.

Democratic and legislative rulers and union workers in New England called for Trump and Interior Minister Doug Burgum To reverse the path.

Trump has long expressed wind energy, and he often described it with something ugly and costly of energy that “smart” countries do not use.

Earlier this month, the Ministry of Interior canceled the Great Wind Farm in Idaho, a project that was approved late in the duration of former President Joe Biden, who has caused criticism of his proximity to a Historical site Where the Japanese Americans were detained during World War II.

Trump blames renewable energy for high energy prices

Last week, with High electricity prices in the United States More than twice the inflation rate, Trump criticized, falsely blaming the renewable energy of high energy costs. He called the wind and solar energy “the fraud of the century!” In a post on social media and pledged not to agree to any wind or solar projects.

“We do not allow any windmills to rise unless there is a legal status as one of them has been committed to a long time,” Trump said at the cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

Energy analysts say that renewable sources have nothing to do with the recent rise in prices, which depend on Increased demand An artificial data centers and energy -thirsty data, as well as aging infrastructure and increasingly extremist air events such as forest fires that are exacerbated by climate change.

Revolution Wind, Danish Energy Company landShe said she is evaluating the financial impact of stopping construction on the New England project and studying legal procedures.

Revolution Wind was expected to be the first wind farm in Connecticut and the first wind farm in Connecticut, and it is able to operate more than 350,000 homes. In addition to obstructing the climatic goals of the states, the loss of all this renewable power can increase the prices of electricity throughout the region, Democrats say.

Critics say the climate and jobs are in danger

Trump made comprehensive steps to prioritize fossil fuel and hinder Renewable energy projects. This includes a review of energy and solar energy permits, Cancel the plans To use large areas of federal water to develop new marine winds Stop the work In another wind project outside the beach in New York, though building It was later allowed to resume.

Some critics say that the steps to cancel the projects endanger the Americans’ livelihoods.

“It is an attack on our jobs.” “It is an attack on our energy. It is an attack on our families and their ability to pay bills.”

Patrick Kraouli, President of AFL-CIO, said that his union “will fight (Trump) in every step on the road, regardless of the period it takes.”

Under Biden, the United States The first auction was held at all in rental contracts Officials said the deep water off the western coast is better for floating projects than those that are installed on the sea floor.

Submit 2025 Fortune Global 500The final ranking of the largest companies in the world. Explore this year’s list.



https://fortune.com/img-assets/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/GettyImages-2232224357-e1756500542724.jpg?resize=1200,600

Source link

Leave a Comment