Trump is seeking to reduce $ 5 billion in foreign aid approved by Congress Donald Trump News

Photo of author

By [email protected]


The White House seeks to run out of funding after already reduced billions of aid to move with transgression.

US President Donald Trump sought to reduce another $ 5 billion in External aid It has already agreed by Congress.

This step is Trump’s latest effort to finance the United States for humanitarian projects and international organizations. It is also the latest attempt to test the borders of Trump’s presidential power.

While Trump was previously She obtained the approval of Congress to cancel 9 billion dollars in foreign aid and finance public media in legislation Pass In July, the last step seeks to use a mysterious tactic to overcome the entire legislative branch.

Under the constitution of the United States, Congress controls federal spending. But in a message posted on the Internet late Thursday, Trump told Parliament Speaker Mike Johnson that he intends to block $ 4.9 billion in accredited foreign spending.

The tactic, known as “Pocket Cancel”, will see Trump calling for a law that allows him to stop spending for 45 days. This, in turn, will take funding after the end of the fiscal year on September 30, which leads to its expiration.

The White House said that the tactic was last used in 1977, more than 50 years ago.

A court document said on Friday that the funds were allocated to foreign aid, United peacekeeping operations, and the efforts of the so -called “strengthening democracy” abroad.

Most of them were supposed to be supervised by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), which at Trump Permanently dismantling And reorganizing it during the era of US Secretary of State Marco Rubio.

“Human survival”

The move comes at a time when the United Nations and relief organizations have warned increasingly Destroyed repercussions From us discounts.

In June, the United Nations announced the contraction of a sweeping program, amid what the Humanitarian Office described as “the deepest financing discounts ever to strike the international humanitarian sector.”

At that time, Tom Fletcher, head of the United Nations aid, said that the cuts mean that the human society “was forced to count the survival of man.” In July, the United Nations also expected an increase in HIV/AIDS deaths by 2029 due to funding withdrawals.

The striking effects have felt sharply in the regions worldwide, especially in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Africa.

In July, the doctors without borders, known for the first letters of doctors without borders, said that at least 652 children of malnutrition She died in its facilities in northern Nigeria in the first half of 2025 due to a lack of care in time.

Earlier this week, saved children to caution Nigeria, Kenya, Somalia and South Sudan were expected to run out of the so -called “treatment ready for use” (RUTF) during the next three months.

Meanwhile, the Republican legislator challenged at least Trump’s move as an illegal skipping of the presidential authority.

“Instead of this attempt to undermine the law, the appropriate method is to define ways to reduce excessive spending through the annual credits process of the two parties,” Senator Susan Collins said in a statement.



https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/2025-08-26T140758Z_222869921_RC2GEGA2H3HN_RTRMADP_3_USA-TRUMP-COMPANIES-LUTNICK-1756484241.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440

Source link

Leave a Comment