A group of Israeli hostages that have been recovered in Gaza, says the Israel Defense Army

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Michael Xiels McNami and Bolin ColaBBC News

Israeli President Ilan WeissIsraeli President

Ilan Weiss died defending Kibbutzi Perry the day that Hamas attacked him

The Israeli army announced that the body of the Israeli hostage had been recovered in an operation in the Gaza Strip.

Weiss, 56, was killed during the Hamas attack in southern Israel on October 7, 2023.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) says that the remains of a second hostage, whose identity has not been released yet, has been recovered.

Israel launched a tremendous attack in Gaza after the attack in which 1,200 people were killed and 251 were taken to the region as hostages.

After the last announcement, 48 hostages are still in Gaza – 20 of whom Israel believes it is still alive.

Reuters three children on the top of a turbulent car - one wears black sitting on the hood, and the other - one wears the highest green dishes for the other white jacket - sitting on the bed on the roof. There is a man on a bike to the left, with another on a motorcycle, however, others carry boxes and mattresses along the road of the road with ruins everywhere.Reuters

The residents of Gaza City were fleeing before the expected Israeli operation there

Ilan Weiss was killed while defending Kibbutz Perry on the day of the attack. His body was transferred to Gaza.

Weiss’s wife, Sherry, and his daughter, Noa, were taken as hostages by Hamas on the same day. They were released during the temporary ceasefire in November 2023.

Israeli President Isaac Herzog said: “Ilan showed courage and noble spirit when the terrorists fought on that dark day,” before the “Weiss family’s power” praised their struggle for his return.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is facing strong local pressure to agree to an agreement that would enable the return of all hostages who are still in captivity.

The huge protests demanding the end of the war, as Israel pushes forward its plan to seize Gaza City and eventually establish control over the entire strip. Netanyahu argues that the defeat of Hamas will secure the release of the hostages.

The country’s army says it has started the “initial stages” of its progress to Gaza City.

The Israeli Defense Army said that the temporary suspension scheduled for military action was scheduled to enter into force at 10:00 (07:00 GMT) that would not apply to Gaza City. She said this was “compatible with circumstantial evaluation and political levels.”

In recent days, Israel has carried out air strikes in Gaza City and advised residents to reach temporary housing in the southern Gaza Strip.

Since August 14, on the day the attack was announced, about 20,000 people were displaced to the south of Gaza City in addition to about 40,000 people heading north, according to the United Nations Humanitarian Office.

Western countries – and the United Nations – warned that an operation in the Gaza region, where more than a million people live with severe consequences.

Most Gaza residents have been displaced again and again.

It is estimated that more than 90 % of homes have been damaged or destroyed, and healthcare, water, sanitation and hygiene systems collapsed.

Last week, an unaccounted object, which monitors hunger levels all over the world, raised it in food insecurity in parts of Gaza to the highest and most intense – asserting famine for the first time. Israel denies that there is starvation in the region.

At least 62,966 Palestinians have been killed by Israel’s military campaign in Gaza since the war began, according to the Hamas Ministry of Health in the region.



https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/8743/live/bedcbc10-84cb-11f0-b391-6936825093bd.jpg

Source link

Leave a Comment