Posted on August 29, 2025
UN Secretary -General Antonio Guterres condemned the “endless index catalog” in Gaza after nearly two years of conflict, as the Civil Defense in Gaza reported dozens of new losses from Israeli strikes.
While the Israeli army is preparing to control Gaza City, the nation faces an increase in local and international pressure to stop its attack in the Palestinian territories, as the United Nations has officially announced a famine.
About two million Palestinians – the vast majority of the population – were displaced at least once during the conflict, with humanitarian organizations warning of any expansion of military operations.
“Gaza accumulates in knees, stacked by bodies and accumulated with examples of what may be serious violations of international law,” Guterres told reporters on Thursday.
On Thursday, the huge smoke columns were rising over Gaza City after the Israeli bombing of the outskirts of the city, and they were taken in the video clips.
Aya Dhahra, who was displaced from the Zaitoun area in Gaza City, told the news agency to Agence France -Presse that she had no shelter and was “only waiting for God’s mercy” outside a local hospital.
She said, “There were explosions all night. I was injured, and my husband was wounded by shrapnel, and my son was also injured in his head. Thank God we survived, but there were martyrs.”
Cindy McCain, head of the United Nations World Food Program, warned that Gaza had reached the “collapse point” and called for the restoration of its 200 food distribution network.
After visiting the region, McCain stated that “despair is rising.”
The United Nations officially announced a famine in the Gaza Governorate last week, where it attributed a “systematic obstruction” to deliver humanitarian aid by Israel.
https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/AP25240636874979-1756455797.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440
Source link