New Zealand police released new CCTV footage, which is believed to appear on the run that has disappeared more than three years ago with his three children.
Night footage shows two people wearing full clothes – from the “police”, Tom Philips and one of his children – apparently storming a store before driving the quadrilateral bike.
On Friday, an agent of the age of Detective Andy Sonders told a press conference that the husband had set out with some “grocery materials”.
Mr. Phillips disappeared in the wilderness with his three children in December 2021. Police believes that he took children after losing the legal guardianship of their mother.
Since then, there has been a national research on Mr. Phillips and his children: Ember, MAVERICK and Jayda.
The police released the latest footage in the hope that the community will report views.
The apparent storming occurred on Wednesday around 02:00 local time (Tuesday 14:00 GMT) in Boubia, a small town in northern New Zealand. Police said that Mr. Phillips believed that he had targeted the same store in November 2023.
“In the heart of this, there are three children who were far from their home for four years. Their well -being is our main focus,” said Detective Sergeant Andy Sonders.
Police said that Mr. Phillips faces a set of charges, including strict theft, a strict wound and illegally possessing a firearm.
The police said earlier they believed that Mr. Phillips has help from others. Detective Sonders said now “they are already thinking of the meaning of this robbery.”
“Does this mean that it is possible that it has fallen with those who help him? Or is it just a rude and confident that he is very happy to go out at night and commit a robbery?”
Last October, Mr. Phillips and his three children publicly seen the first time since he disappeared, when a group of teenagers watched them around and photographed the meeting.
The police said at the time that the children were not in contact with other people for years and did not receive education.
Last year, the authorities offered a critical reward for the information that led to a safe return for children – but the offer ended before claiming it.
The family of Mr. Philips publicly appealed to return to the house.
His mother wrote in a note presented to the local media: “Tom – I am really sad that you thought you should do this. Don’t think about how much we love you and you can support you.”
“It is painful every time I see pictures of children and I see some of the things that are still here.”
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/a8ab/live/cb50b1c0-8487-11f0-b391-6936825093bd.png
Source link