Posted on August 28, 2025
At least 50 people were killed Israeli attacks All parts of Gaza since dawn on Thursday, including 12 relief seekers, medical sources said to the island of the island, where residents intensified the military bombing of the eastern and southern neighborhoods in Gaza City.
The Israeli army is preparing to take Gaza City, the largest urban center in the pocket, despite international calls to reconsider this step on fears that this process would cause great victims and provide nearly a million Palestinians pointing there.
UN Secretary -General Antonio Guterres was among those who criticize the campaign, saying on Thursday that it “refers to a new and dangerous stage” in the war.
He said: “The expanded military operations in Gaza City will have serious consequences.
“This should stop,” he said.
In Gaza City, residents said that the families were fleeing from their homes and most of them were heading towards the coast, where the Israeli forces bombed the neighborhoods of Shujaya, Zayon, and Sabra.
Any buildings stand in the southern part of Zeitoun because the Israeli terrestrial operation has demolished more than 1500 homes, according to the Civil Defense Agency in Gaza.
Israeli officials described Gaza City as the last stronghold of Hamas.
“Enforced disappearance”
The Israeli army said in a statement that it continues to work throughout Gaza to target fighters and infrastructure.
The army said on Thursday that it had killed three fighters last day without saying how individuals were identified.
The Palestinian News Agency, WAFA, reported that those who were killed throughout Gaza on Thursday included a woman and a reserve of her children in a tent camp for the militants in Khan Yunis.
At the same time, United Nations rights experts expressed Alert In reports of the “enforced disappearance” of the Palestinians who are starving those looking for food in the distribution sites run by GHF, supported by the United States and Israel, and urging Israel to end the “heinous crime.”
The seven independent experts said in a joint statement that they had received reports that a number of individuals, including one child, “disappeared by force” after going to help distribution sites in Rafah in southern Gaza.
Experts, who were imposed by the United Nations Human Rights Council but who are not speaking on behalf of the United Nations itself: “Reports of enforced disappearance targeting civilians who are looking for their primary food right are not only a shock, but live up to the level of torture.”
“Using food as a tool to perform the targeted disappearance and the mass must end now.”
In response, GHF said it had not found any evidence of “enforced disappearance” in aid sites.
According to news agency, GHF said, “We are working in a war area where there are serious allegations against all parties that work outside our positions. But inside GHF facilities, there is no evidence of enforced disappearance.”
The death of a new famine
With a pocket in the grip of the humanitarian crisis, the Ministry of Health in Gaza said on Thursday that four other people, including two children, were due to malnutrition and Hunger In the pocket, hunger -related deaths were raised to 317 people, including 121 children, since the war began.
“The scene on the ground is very tragic,” Al -Jazeera, Tero Abu Azoum, from Deir al -Adl in the center of Gaza.
He said: “Families are still lining up in front of the soup kitchens for hours under the heat of the incendiary, and they often return to their temporary shelters, empty -handed.”
“Others risk their lives to travel to distribution points to request food aid.”
The military campaign of Israel has destroyed the region and explained most of the two million Palestinians there.
It started after Hamas attacks in October 2023 on Israel, which killed 1139 people with 251 other captive. Since then, most of the prisoners have been released through diplomatic negotiations despite the survival of 50 in Gaza, and 20 of them are said to be alive.
Meanwhile, Israel did not publicly respond to Hamas’s acceptance of a suggestion to a ceasefire that would allow some prisoners to be returned.
However, Israeli officials insisted that they would only accept a deal that sees all the prisoners who were released and Hamas surrendered.
More than 62,900 Palestinians, most of them women and children, were killed by the Israeli army in GazaAccording to local health officials.
https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/ap_68b05fb454be5-1756389300.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440
Source link